Sunday, May 17, 2009

BACK ON FEET

I ran in the Riga orienteering championships yesterday. It was great feeling to run through a fresh spring forest in the warm and sun. The colours were wonderful and for a change the course was challenging both for my brain and body. OK - truthfully I made loads of silly mistakes. Most of these were because it is really 2 and a half years since I was in the forest last, in Estonia. My mistakes were mainly drills and lack of practice but lack of self confidence also played a part.

Anyway I go to Finland in June for another go and I must do some more training before then. Lets hope my body stays whole and I can train properly and well.

1 comment:

  1. Lack of self-confidence? YOU? My world class Latvian coach? Burst my bubble, will you? :)

    ReplyDelete