Sunday, May 10, 2009

BACK RUNNING

At last, am back running properly again. I was wary of writing anything until I had handled a couple of days of steady work over 40 mins. This calf tear has taken 2 months to cure. the problem was simply that the right calf was so strong that I could not reach the deep muscle to stretch it. When i worked on it with my thumb and ice i could break up the tissue but then the next day I could not keep it stretched so it reformed. very frustrating.

I found the best way was to stretch on the up escalator because the metal edges were able to hold the sole of my shoe tight without slipping. But I could not go up and down all day. I had to make special vists to centre shop and go to the top floor just to dig at the calf.

Anyway today I ran a bit faster and it all seemed OK. I would like to run the Riga half next week but that may be risky. We shall see. I have Jukola Orienteeering in Finland in 4 weeks as well. I missed last year with fever so I dont want to miss another year.

1 comment:

  1. baby steps glen, baby steps, but i am glad to see you are back in the grind now anyway!! keep up the hard work but remember to listen to your body!!!!

    ReplyDelete